Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kayaking the Intracoastal

Justin and I grabbed a babysitter and ventured out into the Intracoastal on Monday to kayak around the islands near the Navy base. That was my first time kayaking in waves, and I think I did okay. My near drowning incident made me a bit leery, but knowing that Justin was there to “save” me, made all the difference.

The water temp was wonderful, and the sun’s rays weren’t too hot. We saw a pod of dolphins swim by, a jumping fish, and possibly a sea snake. The waters started to get crowded with boats towards the end of our trip, which increased the waves dramatically. I’d like to try that trip again when there are fewer boats out and about (plus, the smell of exhaust on the water is not all that appealing).

I hope you enjoy the photos.


No comments: