Friday, April 17, 2009

Updated Garden

Okay. So I'm still slacking in the blogging department, but the garden is coming along.

Here is an updated view of My Garden Design. The items off to the side have yet to be planted.

I hope to get a bell pepper plant this week and get the pumpkin, watermelon, and cucumber planted. I still haven't found a place for the vining plants. They will probably have to be planted outside of the fenced garden because of spacing issues. My herbs have not yet arrived from the organic grower. I'm not pleased thus far with that particular seed company, so we'll see if I order from then again. Hopefully the herbs will arrive this week. I've decided to plant them out front, again because of spacing issues. My garlic will be arriving this fall some time. The last thing I need to do is to order my sweet potato slips. I could/should have started them on my own, but I want several varieties that aren't available at the natural foods store.

Let me know what you think. I know the garden will be crowded, but I'd rather use every square inch rather than loose out on precious gardening space.

No comments: