Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Boogie-man

Today, Jake turned 10 years old. We celebrated a bit early when we were visiting family a few weeks ago. He is now the proud owner of a surfboard! It's just a trainer, but it will serve him well for the next few years, I'm sure. He got to take it out last weekend to paddle around (of course I forgot the camera), and had a blast. He and Justin are hoping for waves this weekend so they can get out there and catch a few.

I can't believe how quickly the past ten years have flown by. It seems like just yesterday he was playing "knock knock" in utero, and now his feet are bigger than mine (which really doesn't take much...I wear a size 5.5). He is growing more mature and is becoming more reliable every day. I look forward to watching him grow into the man he will some day be.

I love you, Jake. Happy birthday.

Here are some photos from his Fiesta Celebration!




No comments: