Monday, June 30, 2008

Still Tasty on Day Two

The Polka Dot Brownie Bursts are still fabulous on day two. Moist...chewy...chocolaty. They are so fabulous that I decided I should check on their nutritional value, to see if I should really have my fourth one of the day.

The verdict is...

Total Calories - 126
Calories from Fat - 62
Total Fat - 7g = 11%
Saturated Fat - 4g = 21%
Trans Fat - 0g = 0%
Cholesterol - 26mg = 9%
Sodium - 73g = 3%
Total Carbohydrate - 14g = 5%
Dietary Fiber - 1g = 2%
Sugars - 8g
Protein - 2g
Vitamins - (too shameful to mention)

I'm thinking three was plenty!

It's interesting how some cookbooks neglect to include the nutrition information for their recipes. I need to get in a better habit of checking on those pesky seemingly-void-of-nutrition-facts recipes cause, dang, I could have had a small piece of cheese cake (mmmmm, cheese cake) had I known the amount of calories in those three oh-so-yummy cookies.

I might need to run an extra mile tomorrow night to compensate. Our neighbors look at me funny when I'm out running. Little do they know that I don't necessarily run for exercise...I run so that I can burn enough calories to have dessert each night and still fit into my pants the next day :)

No comments: