Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"I'm Not Sick"

Says my three-year-old with a 102 degree temperature, as he's laying in bed semi-wheezing with bloodshot eyes that are somewhat sunk in his head, dozing off to sleep.

He woke up this morning with a fever and I was letting it go until it hit the 102 degree mark. I'm not a big fan of medicines. We choose natural remedies whenever possible. Unfortunately, my urge to quickly lower his fever overcame me today and I gave him some Motrin. Two doses thus far. He still isn't feeling well, although he won't say so. He laid on the couch watching movies most of the day (the only time they really get to watch an obscene amount of television), groaning and dozing. He hasn't complained about anything bothering him so far, so I'm just keeping an eye on him.

I just felt him and he's burning up again, so I think I'm going to try some cool cloths while he sleeps and see how that works.

I'm hoping that he'll feel better tomorrow.

Anyone have any tips on natural method for fever reduction? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fevers are a good thing! They fight off the infection. I only reduce a fever if the person with the fever is really, really uncomfortable due to the fever. I would only start to worry if it hit 105 (or less in a baby or pregnant me) and do something about it.