Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Historic Day

So what were you doing at 12pm ET today?

I'm sure people will be asking that question for years to come. No matter your political affiliation, today was special. Today the first African American was sworn in as President of the United States of America.


So where were we? We were rushing home from art class, trying to get home so we could watch the swearing in on C-SPAN. We heard Vice President Biden take the oath of office while we were rushing home (I promise I was trying to go the speed limit). I was sure we were going to miss watching President Obama say his oath on television, but to my surprise (and extreme enjoyment) there was a wonderful quartet arrangement that preceded his oath. We pulled into the driveway as the musicians were finishing up, and ran in and grabbed seats on the couch.


My kids will look back on today and say that they watched the Presidential Inauguration as a family, lined up on the couch, watching history unfold.

No comments: